Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What comes first?

I often wonder when we discuss parts of Trungpa Rinpoche's teachings (which are part of the inspiration of d/d), whether there is a developmental order or not. Can we talk about
'thorough relaxation and wholesomeness'
without talking about
'absence of of neurotic mind'
and then before that is creating
'space'. As Rinpoche says
'Before we produce anything at all....' we need space....space which accommodates all...
lots of room, freedom, and wakefulness'.

So when we sit together, then we are making room for each of us to create that kind of inner space. MInd space. Open, present. That leads to sensing the presence of my 'neurotic mind', those deeper uncertainties and anxieties, and touching it and letting it go. Then as I am moving in personal movement practice I cultivate a kinesthesia that is 'thoroughly relaxed and wholesome' but then, I have to not get 'lazy' which is the next one....
'absence of laziness'.

Neurosis makes me feel energized. It's familiar. There is some frontier of experience when I cultivate relaxation....I start to drift. I only know relaxation as the start of flop. So then I have to wake up in the embodied relaxed state....awake, present, just here. What would we create if we could all do this?

No comments: