Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Culture/community/ensemble--desolate




I am bumping up against this idea of Culture, of a community, of an ensemble. All three different things yes maybe so and I feel a strong yearning for them, yet wonder the capability or possibility for any to be, truly. Am I holding on to tight to a certain idea of what these three "things" mean to me, also another maybe. I know one thing about it, is that I need a culture, a community, an ensemble to allow me to sustain myself. So I am not doing this all alone. So I dont feel quite so desolate as an artist. This is why I am here in D/D. I need this culture. This community, this ensemble of amazing people to help sustain in this world.

thats all, i think for know
Laurie

2 comments:

Barbara Dilley said...

One idea for our converstation this Saturday at Erika's is'sustatinability'....now that we are half way through the first half. What would this look/feel/sound like? Barbara Dilley

Out of the Closet and Into The Alley Theatre Company! said...

Ive been thinking about sustainability a lot...this is nice to focus to specifics of what this looks/feels/sounds like.
Looking through a lens of relaxed and wholesome seems to be important for me within this conversation...does that make sense?
Maybe sustainability is different for everyone...maybe it looks different for everyone, feels different, sounds different. how do we sustain through that?