Tuesday, June 28, 2011

what is meditation practice in dance.art.lab?

what are we doing when we meditate?
is it important that we do the same thing?
what does it bring to us to train the mind through shamatha-vipashyana meditation techniques?
how much instruction is helpful?
when do we ask questions about the process and experiences of mind-training?
do some folks want to be left alone with their practice and others to receive more instruction?
how is your posture?
what do you do with big thought patterns that return again and again?
who is resting awake and relaxed?
who uses the eye practices/ear practices during sitting meditation sessions?
is anyone reading this?

1 comment:

Damaris Webb said...

Thanks Barbara,
These are big questions to chew on, many that have come up in cdp/nyc... I will ask these questions of the new york group as well.

First thoughts for me: I am preparing my mind for PAP, specifically. starting internal then moving outwards, to open space practice, building/adding each step, returning to the breath.
How would it be different if I was preparing for solo practice I wonder?
Usually I prompt eye/ear practices for our group in last five minutes of sitting, to take along into PAP & open space...